Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top e-books in two major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 11, 2015
1. Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre: “Cole Masten. Abandoned by his superstar wife, Hollywood’s Perfect Husband is now Hollywood’s Sexiest Bachelor: partying hard and screwing even harder. Watch out Los Angeles, there’s a new bad boy in town.”
2. Gray Back Broken Bear by T.S. Joyce: “Easton Novak is hiding something fearsome inside of him. An unconventional upbringing has turned his inner grizzly into a berserker—one who has all but destroyed his humanity. Being around people isn’t easy. Not when he doesn’t understand any of their reactions, or half of what they’re saying.”
3. The Bear’s Unwanted Baby by Amy Star: “Getting knocked up after a one night stand was not part of Julia’s life plan. But sometimes you have to take what life throws at you and now she plans to be the best mother possible to her son Cody.”
4. The End Game by Kate McCarthy: “The public loves a good scandal. Seeing someone fall from the pinnacle of success makes a great headline. No one knows that better than I do. What started out as a promising career in college football, spiralled into scandal and shame.”
5. Grayson’s Vow by Mia Sheridan: “Some challenges in life seem too hard to overcome. With little money, and even fewer options, the quick-witted and vibrant twenty-two-year-old needs to reinvent herself. Known for her generous heart and impulsive personality, she devises a survival plan, possibly her most outrageous idea yet.”
6. Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras: “I lost her. No, I didn’t lose her. I threw her away. She was my best friend. I was never supposed to fall in love with her. I was careless. She was heartbroken.”
7. Wet by Ruth Clampett: “Paul McNeill loves sex. Good sex. Bad sex. Oral sex. Any kind of sex. You name it; he loves it. But Paul’s biggest passion is his greatest flaw. As a recovering sex addict, he’s been abstaining and managing his addiction for over two years. Now, all he wants is to fall in love and find that certain someone he can settle down with.”
8. Closet Confession by Kindle Alexander: “Dr. Derek Babineaux is intelligent, dedicated, and one of the best ER physicians in the fast-paced world of critical care at Tulane Medical in New Orleans. Always on top of his game, he’s thrown off balance when the newest medical staff member finally unleashes his hidden desires.”
9. The Forbidden Tomb by Chris Kuzenski: “For nearly two thousand years, the legendary tomb of Alexander the Great—and the extraordinary riches concealed within—has remained undiscovered, but recent events may hold the key to locating the fabled vault. Only one team has what it takes to solve the mystery that has plagued historians for centuries.”
10. Capture by Rachel Van Dyken: “Dani lives anything but a normal life. Her sister is married to one of the biggest names in Hollywood. Her best friends are rockstar duo AD2. And she has more love around her than most people experience in a lifetime. But that doesn’t change the fact their parents are dead. Or that it’s her fault.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 11, 2015