With just a few shopping days left during the holiday season, this GalleyCat editor has urged his friends and family to buy books and support our publishing industry at the end of a long year.
Nevertheless, we also created a literary gift guide for the Morning Media Menu.
Listen to the whole show for explanations of individual gifts, but don’t worry–this handy list has something for everybody.
1. A gift certificate to your local indie bookstore.
2. A copy of the Little Zombie Book That Could.
3. A beautiful e-reader cover.
4. A smartphone loaded with a digital reader.
5. A subscription to the New York Review of Books (complete with that free 2010 calendar by David Levine).