Frost (The Frost Chronicles) by Kate Avery Ellison has debuted at No. 1 on the Self-published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 12, 2014
1. Frost (The Frost Chronicles) by Kate Avery Ellison: “In the icy, monster-plagued world of the Frost, one wrong move and a person could end up dead—and Lia Weaver knows this better than anyone. After monsters kill her parents, she must keep the family farm running despite the freezing cold and threat of monster attacks or risk losing her siblings to reassignment by the village Elders. With dangers on all sides and failure just one wrong step away, she can’t afford to let her emotions lead her astray. So when her sister finds a fugitive bleeding to death in the forest—a young stranger named Gabe—Lia surprises herself and does the unthinkable.”
2. The Private Club 3 by J.S. Cooper: “What is the Private Club? When Meg Riley accepted a job at the Private Club she didn’t expect to be thrown into a world of deception and lust. She doesn’t know who she can trust, but that doesn’t stop her from falling for Greyson Twining. Greyson Twining is the handsome owner of the club. He is charismatic, alluring and way out of her league. While his smile sets her heart on fire, everything else about him makes her want to run away.”
3. Second Hand Heart by Catherine Ryan Hyde: “Vida is only 19, but she knows a lot about dying. Her weak heart is about to give out, and her only friend, Esther, is the elderly Holocaust survivor who lives upstairs. Richard is 36 and has just lost his beloved wife in a car accident. When Richard is invited to the hospital to meet the young woman who received his wife’s donor heart, Vida takes one look at him and feels she’s loved him all her life. Richard thinks Vida is just a sheltered and confused young woman, but as Vida and Esther set out on a road trip to confront their pasts and Richard struggles to move forward without his wife, both Vida and Richard begin to wonder if there might be some truth behind the theory of cellular memory after all. Can a heart remember, at least for a time, on its own?”
4.The Private Club by J.S. Cooper: “When Meg Riley lost her job as an attorney, she never thought she’d end up working for a private club. But when she met the handsome and elusive, Greyson Twining, she knew she couldn’t turn the job down; even though she didn’t really know what the position entailed. Greyson Twining is the owner of the private club and he knows that it’s a mistake to hire, Meg. However, there is something about the way she smiles at him that makes him forget his own reservations. And then there’s the call from, Brandon Hastings telling him not to hire Meg. A call he should have listened to more closely.”
5. Destroyed by Pepper Winters: “I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated. I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn’t realized how far I could fall or what I’d have do to get free.”
6. The Private Club 2 by J.S. Cooper: “Meg had no idea what she was getting herself into when she accepted a job at the Private Club. She also hadn’t planned on meeting a man like, Greyson Twining. A man who’s handsome devilish looks made her forget her principles and her mind. When Meg realizes that there is a lot more going on at the Private Club then she had ever imagined, she decides to stick around to try and figure out exactly what’s going on. Only she never imagined that the truth could be so deadly and worrying.”
7. It’s Not Over (The Do Over) by A.L. Zaun: ” He wanted her to help him win his ex-girlfriend back. She wanted to teach him a few lessons on how to treat a woman. Neither one planned for the unexpected. She’s gone. I’m desperate and going insane. I’ll do whatever it takes to find her. I don’t know when I fell for her, but I won’t let her go. What has she done to me? I’m Rick Marin, for crying out loud. I don’t chase women…but she’s not just any woman. She’s Maddy—my Maddy—and I need her.”
8. The Ex Games by J.S. Cooper: “Handsome billionaire, Brandon Hastings was Katie Raymond’s first love. They had a whirlwind romance that captivated her heart and took her on a sexual journey she never wanted to end. Their future together looked bright until Brandon found out that Katie was keeping a huge secret from him. Once he realized the truth, he broke her heart and she never saw him again.”
9. Spin (Songs of Corruption #1) by CD Reiss: “Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone. Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal. And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.”
10. I Love My Healed Heart: Erotic Romance Box Set (I Love My…Romance (Jessica)) by Sabrina Lacey: “I’m Jessica. My ex-live-in boyfriend David cheated on me while I was in yoga class. So much for trying to do something good for yourself. Like an idiot, I loved and trusted the bastard, so I’m badly hurting. I’m not the type to wallow in a vat of ice cream (I tried. It didn’t work). Instead I’m reaching out to drop-dead gorgeous 6’4″ Mark, who will not only melt my panties right off with one wolf-stare (and change my view of elevators forever, btw) but he will help me trust men again, and catapult me onto a roller-coaster ride I never knew life could be.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 12, 2013