Are you an anchor or reporter who wants to move up to a bigger market?
We asked Stephanie Tsoflias, Mediabistro instructor and reporter in the New York market, to share five simple tips that will help you rise to the top.
Her first tip? Master your craft. And what better way to show off your mastery than by posting your work on the website you learned to build at Mediabistro?
With Mediabistro’s “Create Your Own Website Using WordPress” class you’ll learn how to create your own site through lectures, assignments and interactive online discussions. Plus you’ll get hands-on experience within the open-source platform. This week we have a special deal: Sign up for a class at Mediabistro and you’ll get a free webcast. Click here to check out our classes. See the special deal after the jump.
When you sign up for “Create Your Own Website Using WordPress” You’ll learn to:
- Install WordPress on your web hosting server with your own domain name
- Use WordPress to publish pages, articles, and multimedia content like video or photos
- Change the appearance of your site using WordPress themes, widgets, and simple CSS coding
- Use WordPress plugins to improve your site navigation, enable Google Analytics, or optimize your site for search engines
- Connect with the WordPress community to establish the authority of your business or personal brand
Remember, sign up for a class at mediabistro from today until Thursday and get a webcast FREE! Click here to sign up and be sure to use the promo code “WEBCAST” at checkout. Click here for more details on this week’s webcast offer.