Update: San Antonio Reporter’s Son Has Been Found

By Stephanie Tsoflias Siegel 

UPDATE: KENS is reporting that Jamie is home with his mother. He was found unharmed. You can read the full story here.

KENS reporter Sue Calberg‘s son has gone missing and the station is rallying to help find him.

Yesterday, the Tegna station in San Antonio shared information about Jamie Calberg.


In a detailed Facebook post, Calberg said the 27-year-old was last seen leaving her house on Saturday night. Calberg said he told her he was going to a party and would return the next day.

“He sent a friend this picture from the party. Jamie’s friends don’t know who these people are. Maybe you do? Except for a text message I received Sunday evening, Jamie has vanished without a trace,” she said.

In an open letter to viewers, Calberg said she sent Jaime a text jokingly saying, “Are you dead in a ditch?” Sunday evening. He wrote back, “no” and that’s it.

Here is part of the letter the veteran journalist wrote, hoping someone with information would come forward to KENS.

Because I’ve been a journalist for the past 39 years, my two kids grew up on a diet of what not to do, and my stories have provided teachable moments too numerous to count.

They have joked to their friends about my tour guide skills, wherein I can point out the places where I have covered tragic events of all sorts, with life lessons attached.

But now, I find myself on the other side of the story, as my son has vanished without a trace.

My 27-year-old son Jamie Calberg, who lives with me, announced Saturday night that he was going to a party, that he would spend the night, and that he would return mid-day Sunday.

During the night he texted a picture to a friend, a selfie featuring two other people, ostensibly taken at the party.

Jamie’s friends don’t know who these people are, or anything about the party.

Sunday evening, when Jamie failed to return, I sent him a text.

I wrote “Are you dead in a ditch?” because that’s the newsie kind of ‘gallows humor’ my kids expect.

His one word reply came back instantly “Nope.”

And that was it.

No Jamie.

No phone calls.

No texts.

No social media action.

No interaction with law enforcement, anywhere…for days now.

She is also looking for more information on the two people, pictured below, that he was pictured with Saturday night.

You can read the full letter here.