Nexstar and DISH Network End Three-Week Blackout

By Kevin Eck 

DISH subscribers got an added gift over the holiday weekend.

Nexstar Media Group and DISH Network announced a comprehensive multi-year distribution agreement that restored 164 of Nexstar’s local stations in 115 markets to over 5 million DISH subscribers. Financial terms were not disclosed.

“We regret the inconvenience experienced by our viewers and look forward to again providing them with leading network and local programming,” said Nexstar in a statement on its website.

Advertisement

“We’re pleased to have reached an agreement that benefits all parties, especially our customers,” said DISH TV Group President Brian Neylon in a press release. “Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked through the negotiations.”

Nexstar’s local stations and WGN America had been off DISH Network’s satellite system since Dec. 2.

Click here to view the affected local stations.

Advertisement