Chicago’s NBC-owned stations will hold town halls Thursday to answer any questions viewers may have about the Covid-19 vaccine.
“Vaccinated State: Your Questions Answered” will air on WMAQ at 6 p.m., while “La Verdad Sobre La Vacuna: Contestamos Tus Preguntas” will air at 4 p.m. on Telemundo Chicago. WMAQ anchors Allison Rosati and Stefan Holt will host the English-language show, and Telemundo Chicago anchors Alfonso Gutiérrez and Anabel Monge will host the Spanish-language show.
The live special will feature a panel of experts answering questions on everything from how to sign up to get the vaccine to its possible side effects.
Here’s a look at the experts:
NBC CHICAGO EXPERT PANEL
- Dr. Marina Del Rios, Emergency Medicine Specialist, University of Illinois at Chicago Hospital
- Dr. Ngozi Ezike, Director, Illinois Department of Public Health
- Rick Gates, Senior VP of Pharmacy and Healthcare at Walgreens
- Dr. Emily Landon, Executive Medical Director of Infection Control and Prevention at the University of Chicago Medicine
- Dr. Richard Novak, Head of the Division of Infectious Diseases at UI Health
- Dr. Candice Robinson, Chicago Department of Public Health Medical Director
- Dr. Derek J. Robinson, VP and Chief Medical Officer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
- Dr. Bishop Horace Smith, Apostolic Faith Church and Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago (Pediatric Hematology/Oncology)
TELEMUNDO CHICAGO EXPERT PANEL
- Dr. Mena Lora, Infectious Diseases, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Dr. Geraldine Luna, Medical Director, COVID-19 Initiative, Chicago Department of Public Health
- Dr. Antonia Novello, Former US Surgeon General
WMAQ viewers can begin submitting questions on the station’s website starting at noon Thursday.
Telemundo viewers can either ask questions through that station’s website or they can call in. The phone number to call will be given during tomorrow’s Noticiero Telemundo Chicago broadcast at 4 p.m.