Charlie LeDuff, the high profile reporter at Fox-owned WJBK in Detroit, announced today he is leaving the station, where he’s worked since 2010.
“My last day with Fox is Thursday. It has been an insane experience. Thanks to my bosses and colleagues for all they’ve taught me. Stay tuned,” he wrote on Twitter. In a separate post on Facebook, LeDuff said he’s not leaving for another job–at least, not yet. “I have no plan for what comes next. But considering the way things are in this world, I think it time to step out and look. I’ll be staying here in Michigan, so I’ll see you around.”
“We want to thank Charlie for his extraordinary work and passion,” said WJBK general manager Mike Renda. “He produced truly distinctive news stories for FOX 2 and we wish him all the best in his future ventures.”
The station planned to celebrate LeDuff’s decision on the 5 o’clock newscast Monday. LeDuff was previously named “Mad Man of the Year” by GQ magazine, and in 2013 became the subject of news stories after a St. Patrick’s Day brawl.