Fox News’ panel news-talk program The Five marked a whopping eighth consecutive month as the most-watched cable news show, averaging 3.72 million total viewers in the 5 p.m. hour in November 2022, up from 3.41 million average in October. In addition to eight consecutive months, that’s now 11 out of the past 12 months that the program has averaged more viewers than any other cable news show. That’s a notable achievement.
Tucker Carlson Tonight remains the second-most-watched show on cable news. In November, the 8 p.m. news-talk show averaged nearly 3.5 million viewers, also up from October. Jesse Watters Primetime is the third-most-watched cable news show in September (3.17 million), followed by Hannity (3.075 million) and Special Report with Bret Baier (2.8 million) rounding out the top five in average total viewers for November 2022.
Fox News Channel is home to the top 14 cable news shows in total viewers, with The Ingraham Angle, Gutfeld!, Outnumbered, America’s Newsroom and The Faulkner Focus rounding out the top 10.
The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell is MSNBC’s most-watched show for the third consecutive month, averaging 1.47 million total viewers, down a hair from October. MSNBC’s 9 p.m. hour, which primarily consists of Alex Wagner Tonight, averaged 1.375 million at 9 p.m., fewer than fellow MSNBC shows All In, The Beat and Deadline: White House.
Anderson Cooper 360 is CNN’s most-watched show in November, averaging 933,000 total viewers, which is No. 24 on all of cable news.
Here are the 10 most-watched cable news shows for Nov. 2022, as per live-plus-same-day data from Nielsen.
- Fox News | 5 p.m. /The Five: 3,717,000 / 17 telecasts
- Fox News | 8 p.m. / Tucker Carlson Tonight: 3,501,000 / 13 telecasts
- Fox News | 7 p.m./Jesse Watters Primetime: 3,171,000 / 15 telecasts
- Fox News | 9 p.m./ Hannity: 3,075,000 / 15 telecasts
- Fox News | 6 p.m. / Special Report with Bret Baier: 2,799,000 / 16 telecasts
- Fox News | 10 p.m./The Ingraham Angle: 2,492,000 / 15 telecasts
- Fox News | 11 p.m./Gutfeld! : 2,322,000 / 16 telecasts
- Fox News | 12 p.m. / Outnumbered: 2,020,000 / 17 telecasts
- Fox News | 9-10 a.m., 10-11 a.m. / America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino: 1,953,000 / 36 telecasts
- Fox News | 11 a.m. / The Faulkner Focus: 1,911,000 / 17 telecasts
How about the top cable news shows among adults 25-54? After all, this is a demographic that advertisers of TV news still focus their ad dollars on.
Tucker Carlson Tonight remains No. 1 on cable news in A25-54, averaging 506,000 from the age range in October. The Five came in second (466,000) with Hannity (428,000), Jesse Watters Primetime (405,000) and Gutfeld! (397,000) rounding out the top five.
Fox News has the top 15 shows on cable news among adults 25-54 for the third consecutive month. Anderson Cooper 360 is the top non-Fox News cable news offering among adults 25-54, coming in at No. 16 with a 213,000 A25-54 average in October, up +30,000 viewers from October. All In with Chris Hayes is MSNBC’s top show among adults 25-54, 163,000 (No. 18 overall).
Here are the top 10 cable news shows among adults 25-54 for Nov. ’22, as per live-plus-same-day data from Nielsen:
- Fox News| 8 p.m./ Tucker Carlson Tonight: 506,000 / 13 telecasts
- Fox News | 5 p.m. / The Five: 466,000 / 17 telecasts
- Fox News | 9 p.m. / Hannity: 428,000 / 15 telecasts
- Fox News | 7 p.m. / Jesse Watters Primetime: 405,000 / 15 telecasts
- Fox News | 11 p.m./Gutfeld!: 397,000 / 16 telecasts
- Fox News | 6 p.m. / Special Report with Bret Baier: 364,000 / 16 telecasts
- Fox News | 10 p.m./The Ingraham Angle: 362,000 / 15 telecasts
- Fox News | 12 p.m./Outnumbered: 271,000 / 17 telecasts
- Fox News | 9-10 a.m.,10-11 a.m./America’s Newsroom: 266,000 / 36 telecasts
- Fox News | 11 a.m./The Faulkner Focus: 263,000 / 17 telecasts
Below, the full cable news program ranker sorted by most to fewest adults 25-54: