Sunday Show Ratings: Oct. 13

By A.J. Katz 

NBC’s Meet the Press with Chuck Todd returned to the top of the Sunday show heap.

A week after finishing behind Face the Nation in total viewers, MTP posted +11% total viewers growth, year-over-year, and topped the CBS Sunday public affairs show by +12% in total viewers (+341,000), and ABC by +23% (+610,000).

MTP also won in the A25-54 demo, beating ABC by +6% (+44,000) and CBS by +37% (+202,000).

An additional 1.128 million total viewers and 241,000 A25-54 viewers watched the Sunday program through rebroadcasts on NBC and MSNBC.

CBS’ Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan slipped to second place in total viewers, and remained No. 3 among adults 25-54.

ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos finished No. 3 in total viewers, but averaged the second-most adults 25-54, beating Face the Nation in that category by +158,000 – the largest margin since June 23.

In fact, This Week stood as the only public affairs program to improve on its A25-54 performance versus the comparable Sunday in 2018 (+13%), and is posting currently growing its demo audience vs. the same point in 2018 (+5%).

The broadcast featured a taped interview with Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Fox News Sunday hosted by Chris Wallace on Fox delivered 1.28 million total viewers and 364,000 demo viewers. The trio of replays on cable delivered a combined 2.03 million viewers and 379,000 demo viewers. Altogether, that’s 3.3 million and 743,000 A25-54 on Oct. 13.

The show was pre-empted in Portland and Charlotte markets due to the NFL.

Editor’s Note: Face the Nation’s second half-hour was broadcast contiguously across 69.44% of the CBS affiliates.

The Nielsen numbers for Oct. 13, 2019:

Network Program Total Viewers A25-54
NBC Meet the Press 3,292,000 755,000
CBS Face the Nation (1/2 hr) 2,951,000 553,000
ABC This Week 2,681,000 711,000
FOX Fox News Sunday 1,279,000 364,000

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI (Total Viewers and Adults 25-54); Live + SD for 10/13/19,  and 10/14/18 or as dated.  Season to date: Most Current

Advertisement
Advertisement