Last week we told you about MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow having her strongest month ever in February.
That’s continuing into March.
Thursday’s The Rachel Maddow Show was a Top 10 program on all of TV in its timeslot. Maddow came in #6 behind shows on NBC, CBS, Fox News and TNT, but ahead of programs on broadcast networks ABC, FOX and Univision. In fact, Maddow’s show has finished in the Top 10 14 of the previous 19 episodes.
In an interview with The Wrap, Maddow says the secret to her coverage–which almost exclusively covers politics–is pretty simple: “I stopped covering [Trump’s] Twitter feed and we started covering only what they do rather than what they say.”
(Though that may be hard on tomorrow night’s show, given Trump’s Saturday Tweetstorm and everything that’s resulted since.)
Here’s a look at the Top 10 shows, in millions of viewers, in the 9 p.m. ET timeslot (Live +SD) Thurs., March 2, 2017:
1. CHICAGO MED / NBC: 8.824M
2. BIG BANG THEORY / CBS: 7.282M
3. LIFE IN PIECES / CBS: 5.337M
4. TUCKER CARLSON / FNC: 3.489M
5. NBA BASKETBALL / TNT: 2.710M
6. RACHEL MADDOW / MSNBC: 2.532M
7. SWAMP PEOPLE / HIST: 2.369M
8. MY KITCHEN RULES / FOX: 2.201M
9. VINO EL AMOR / UNI: 2.201M
10. WHEN WE RISE / ABC: 2.033M