The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.
Add HLN to the growing list of cable news networks to deliver growth in Q2 2016. HLN was up 3 percent in total prime time viewers and up 5 percent in the A25-54 demo from the same quarter a year ago. HLN saw additional growth in total day, up 8 percent in total viewers and up 5 percent in the demo year-over-year.
Below are the network’s average live+ same day impressions for Q2 2016 (Nielsen data):
- Prime time (Mon-Sun): 331,000 Total Viewers / 113,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 294,000 Total Viewers / 120,000 A25-54
HLN’s prime time lineup was mostly comprised of Forensic Files reruns, but recent programming additions are providing the network with a nice ratings punch in the daypart. Debuting June 10, the new documentary slate, HLN Spotlight (Fridays, 7-10 p.m. ET) delivered a 13 percent boost in total viewers and an 8 percent boost in the news demo from the prior 4-week time slot average. The Hunt with John Walsh took off on June 19 (Sundays, 9 p.m. ET) and has also paid dividends, giving HLN a 30 percent boost in the news demo versus the prior 4-week average.
HLN’s morning shows continued to rise and shine during Q2. Morning Express with Robin Meade was up 24 percent in total viewers and up 19 percent in the news demo from the same quarter in 2015. Weekend Express with Lynn Smith was up 14 percent in total viewers and up 15 percent in the news demo from the same quarter in 2015.
Here’s a look at HLN’s release:
HLN UP IN PRIME & TOTAL DAY 2Q16
New Friday Night Documentary Block, “HLN Spotlight” and Sunday Premieres of “The Hunt” Post Gains
HLN continues to post year-over-growth in Prime and Total Day.
• HLN is up in M-Su Prime, increasing +3% in P2+ (331k vs. 320k) and +5% in P25-54 (113k vs. 108k) in 2Q16 vs. 2Q15.
• In Total Day, HLN is up +8% in P2+ (294k vs. 273k) and +5% in the demo (120k vs. 114k).
HLN’s newest prime programming initiatives, “HLN Spotlight” and “The Hunt” are posting big gains for the network.
• Debuting June 10, HLN’s new documentary block titled, “HLN Spotlight” (Fridays, 7-10 pm ET) has increased the time period +13% in in P2+ (261k vs. 232k) and +8% in P25-54 vs. the prior 4-week average (80k vs. 74k);
• “The Hunt” kicked off on June 19 (Sundays, 9 pm ET) and is up +30% in P25-54 (112k vs 86k) vs. the prior 4-week average.
Mornings reign bright on HLN. The popular “Morning Express with Robin Meade” and “Weekend Express with Lynn Smith” are once again posting solid double-digit YOY gains.
• “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (M-F, 6-9a ET) is up +24% in P2+ (322k vs. 260k) and +19% in P25-54 (140k vs. 118k);
• “Weekend Express with Lynn Smith” (Saturdays & Sundays, 7a-12noon ET) increased +14% in P2+ (304k vs. 267k) and +15% in P25-54 (135k vs. 117k).