HLN has shown growth in the second quarter, with a +9 percent demo increase (total day) compared to the second quarter of 2014 making it the third most-watche cable channel in the demo, behind Fox News and CNN. Morning Express with Robin Meade continues to be the network’s bread and butter, topping MSNBC’s Morning Joe for the fifth consecutive quarter in the demo.
The ratings for Q2, 2015:
- Prime time (Mon-Sun): 320,000 Total Viewers / 108,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 273,000 Total Viewers / 114,000 A25-54
HLN is the No. 1 cable news network when it comes to Twitter and Facebook engagement, thanks largely to The Daily Share’s strong digital presence.
Check out HLN’s full release:
HLN CONTINUES TO BEAT MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE #2 CABLE MORNING NEWS PROGRAM 2Q15
- HLN has outperformed MSNBC for 13 straight monthsin Total Day by +32% in P25-54 (121k vs. 92k) and +45% in P18-49 (100k vs. 69k);
- In Total Day, HLN is up +10% in total viewers; +9% in P25-54; +16% in P18-49 in 2Q15 vs. 2Q14.
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” ranks as the #2 cable morning news showin 2Q15 vs. 2Q14 among Persons 25-54 & 18-49, and is up +17% and +25%, respectively;
- MXP is beating MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for the fifth consecutive quarter(6-9 a ET) by +49% in P25-54 (118k vs. 79k). MXP also takes Joe by +83% in P18-49 (95k vs. 52k);
- MXP ranked #1 the week of 6/15/15 (6-7 a.m. ET) among P25-54, outperforming Fox & Friends by +15%. This is the fifth week MXP has beaten Fox & Friends @ 6 a.m. in 2015.
THE DAILY SHARE
- “The Daily Share” (M-F, noon – 1 p.m. ET), HLN’s first dayside series under the new brand, is out-pacing MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports” by +28% in P25-54 and +69% in P18-49 in 2Q15; In addition, launch-to-date (12/13/15-6/26/15) vs. the same time period a year ago, TDS is up +13% in its key P18-49 demo.
- HLN is #1 in Facebook and Twitter engagement among cable news networks, and The Daily Share ranks amongst the top #5 in engagement among digital publishers.
Source: Shareablee April-Jun 25/2015. Cable news networks include fox news, msnbc, & CNN. Digital publishers include Bustle, NowThis, Elite Daily, Buzzfeed, Mic, The Daily Dot, Upworthy, Fusion, Mashable, Nancy Grace, Vice News, Slate.com, Refinery29, Morning Express with Robin Meade, VICE, Weekend Express HLN, Dr Drew HLN and Pivot. Engagement % is total actions