HLN had a great Q1 during the mornings and weekends, but the network is up in other areas as well.
HLN is up +27% in viewers and up +33% in the demo in total day, while the primetime programming is up +13% in viewers and +12% in the demo, compared to Q1 2014. “Morning Express with Robin Meade” is up +62% in the key A25-54 demo, finishing as the No. 2 morning show in cable news. HLN is the No. 1 cable news network on the weekends in both primetime and total viewers among the demo, thanks largely to repeats of “Forensic Files.”
The ratings for Q1, 2015:
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 355K Total Viewers / 130K A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 302K Total Viewers / 129K A25-54
Check out the full HLN release below:
HLN BEATS MSNBC FOR 4th CONSECUTIVE QUARTER; LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN 16 YEARS & LARGEST QUARTERLY LEAD IN 17 YEARS
HLN’s “Morning Express with Robin Meade” Ranks #2 in P 25-54 & 18-49; Beats MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for 4th Straight Quarter
Network Ranks #1 on Weekends
HLN Continues to Gain Ratings & Social Growth 1st Quarter Post Rebrand
HLN beat MSNBC for the 4th straight quarter in Total Day by +51% in P25-54 (130k vs. 86k) and +66% in P18-49 (108k vs. 65k); the longest winning streak in nearly 16 years, plus the largest quarterly lead in nearly 17 years among P25-54.
“Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) ranks as the #2 morning show in cable news among P 25-54 and 18-49 in 1Q15, and vs. prior year, MXP has grown the most across all cable morning programs, up +62% in both P 25-54 and 18-49. And, MXP once again beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” (6-9 a ET) by +56% in P25-54 (128k vs. 82k) and +89% in P18-49 (102k vs. 54k); the 4th straight quarterly win for MXP in P25-54.
HLN is tops on the weekends among cable news networks, ranking #1 in Prime in P25-54 (162k) and P18-49 (130k), as well as ranked #1 in Total Day in P25-54 (156k) and P18-49 (126k).
The network continues to post ratings growth in the first quarter post rebrand (1Q15 vs. 1Q14):
- Total Day, HLN is up +27% in P2+ (304k); +33% in P25-54 (130k); +46% in P18-49 (108k), experiencing the most growth among cable news networks YOY in all demos, while FNC and MSNBC post declines.
- Prime, HLN is up +13% in P2+ (358k); +11% in P25-54 (130k); +16% in P18-49 (104k), experiencing the most growth among cable news networks YOY in all demos, while FNC and MSNBC post declines in both P25-54 and P18-49.
Socially speaking, the following were HLN’s most shared stories in 1Q15:
- Nancy Grace always gets her man (or woman). Team Grace produced this social graphic https://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN/photos/a.159500548286.116726.56641053286/10153257246618287/?type=1&theater to help investigators seek the public’s assistance to identify a man allegedly captured on video sexually abusing an 8-year-old girl. The graphic was shared more than 67k times from Grace’s Facebook page, and within hours, more than a million people took notice and an arrest was made. Moreover, the majority of HLN’s actionable posts are shared 2x as much as FOX News.
- This pit bull is 174 pounds. Seriously! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=884341294945272 This hunk, a hunk of love received more than 188k shares, and reached 22.6M humans.
- Teen @ Target + an employee & a tie = social gold. https://www.facebook.com/HLN/photos/a.204600479586027.49027.194285473 This Mitzvah on HLN’s Facebook page was shared more 72k times, reached 23.2M people and garnered a 199% action rate (like, share, comment) by HLN followers.