The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.
Thanks to a strong showing from Morning Express with Robin Meade, HLN is up +14 percent in the A25-54 demo for total day viewing compared to October 2014. Morning Express has now beaten MSNBC’s Morning Joe for 18 straight months. HLN also saw prime time growth in the demo: up +8 percent, but down -12 percent among total viewers in prime time.
The ratings for October, 2015 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
- Prime time (Mon-Sun): 274,000 total viewers / 98,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 275,000 total viewers / 116,000 A25-54
HLN finished fourth among the cable news networks in total viewers, but for the 17th month in a row HLN has topped MSNBC in the demo for total day viewing; its longest winning streak in more than 16 years, since March of 1999. One of the programs giving HLN strong demo viewership is its airing of Forensic Files.
Check out HLN’s entire release:
HLN UP DOUBLE-DIGITS IN TOTAL DAY & PRIME IN OCTOBER
HLN BEATS MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY FOR 17 STRAIGHT MONTHS
HLN RANKS #1 IN WEEKEND TOTAL DAY
“MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE” RANKS AS THE #2 CABLE MORNING NEWS PROGRAM IN OCTOBER 2015 AND 2015 TO-DATE
ALL HLN SIGNATURE SHOWS POSTING YOY DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH
- HLN is up in Total Day Oct 15 vs. Oct 14, experiencing the only double-digit growth among cable news nets in P25-54 up +14% (116k vs. 102k);
- HLN is up double-digits in M-F Prime in P25-54 +16% (96k vs. 83k), and +9% in M-Su Prime (99k vs. 91k);
- HLN beat MSNBC for 17 straight months in Oct in Total Day by +33% in P25-54; the longest winning streak in more than 16 years (March 99);
- HLN ranks #1 across cable news in Weekend Total Day among P25-54 (125k), beating FNC by +12% and MSNBC by +49%.
All HLN signature shows are experiencing double-digit growth YOY in P25-54
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) ranks as the #2 cable morning news show in Oct 15 and 2015 year-to-date among P25-54;
- MXP is up the most among cable morning news in P25-54 increasing +21% (136k vs. 112k) in Oct 15 vs. year prior;
- MXP continues to beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for 18 straight months [6-9 a ET] by +36% in P25-54 (136k vs. 100k) in Oct 15.
WEEKEND EXPRESS WITH LYNN SMITH
- “Weekend Express with Lynn Smith” ranks #1 on Saturdays & Sundays @ 7 am in P25-54, posting double-digit gains (+28%) among cable news nets in October, besting FNC by +15% and MSNBC by +110%.
THE DAILY SHARE
- “The Daily Share,” (TDS) HLN’s first dayside series under the new brand, is up +33% in P25-54 (M-F, noon – 1 p.m. ET), Oct 15 vs. Oct 14, and is outpacing MSNBC by +23%; and TDS at 1-2 pm ET, is up +38% in the key demo.
- “Nancy Grace” (M-Th, 8-9 p.m. ET) is up +10% in P25-54, Oct 15 vs. Oct 14.
- “Dr. Drew” (M-Th, 9-10 p.m. ET) is up +21% in P25-54, YOY.