Morning Show Ratings: Week of October 10

By A.J. Katz 

morning-tv-tvnewser_2016It was a less than stellar week for the ABC and NBC morning news shows.

Good Morning America continues to rank No. 1 in total audience, and maintained that distinction for the week of October 10, 2016, based on Live+SD data from Nielsen. Season-to-date, GMA is ranking No. 1 in total viewers for the 5th-straight season. That said, the program continues to struggle year-over-year, and was -7 percent in total viewers and -11 percent in A25-54 from the comparable week in 2015.

Today remains No. 1 in the ad-friendly A25-54 demographic, holding steady with the same week last year. The morning newscast dropped -3 percent in total viewers year-over-year. Today has ranked No. 1 among A25-54 viewers for 42 consecutive weeks and 58 of the last 59 weeks.

CBS This Morning delivered the most notable performance of the three, gaining +6 percent in total viewers, +20 percent in the key A25-54 demo, +11 percent in women 25-54 and +17 percent in women 18-49 from the comparable week in 2015. Season-to-date, CTM is the only broadcast morning news program to show year-over-year growth in total viewers (+5 percent), women 25-54 (+22 percent) and women 18-49 (+17 percent).

 

The averages for the week of Oct. 10:

  • Total Viewers: ABC:  4.477 M / NBC:  4.289 M / CBS:  3.436 M
  • A25-54 viewers: ABC:  1.466 M / NBC:  1.697 M / CBS:  1.090 M
Advertisement
Advertisement