Morning Show Ratings: Week of July 28 and July 2014 Sweeps

By Chris Ariens 

The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.

morningshowanchors2014ABC’s “Good Morning America” just finished its ninth consecutive sweeps victory in Total Viewers and 7th win of 8 sweeps months in the A25-54 demo. The show was up a slight +1% in the demo vs. July 2013, but was down -1% in total viewers vs. last year.

NBC’s “Today” show saw a larger drop vs. last July: down -6% in viewers and down -10% in the demo. Only “CBS This Morning” experienced total viewer growth vs. July 2013. The show was up +1% in viewers, but down -11% in the demo.

The averages for July 2014 Sweep:

  • Total Viewers: ABC: 4.949M / NBC: 4.143M / CBS: 2.775M
  • A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.804M / NBC: 1.554M / CBS: 814,000

“GMA” also wins the week of July 28, but was flat vs. the same week in 2013. “Today,” which had its biggest audience in four weeks, and had the largest week-to-week growth, was also down year-over-year: -3% in viewers and down -5% in the demo. Again, only “CBS This Morning” grew in viewers: up +4% while down -1% in the demo.

The averages for the week of July 28, 2014:

  • Total Viewers: ABC: 5.059M / NBC: 4.254M / CBS: 2.732M
  • A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.809M / NBC: 1.594M / CBS: 842,000