The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.
The ping pong match between “Today” and “Good Morning America” swings back to “Today.” The NBC News morning show wins the week of April 30 in both total viewers and younger viewers. “Today” won four days last week and “GMA” won one: Tuesday, with a 244,000 lead which can be attributed, in part, to a lift from Monday night’s “Dancing with the Stars.”
Compared to the same week last year, only “GMA” saw growth: the ABC show is up +1% in Total Viewers and up +5% in younger viewers. “Today” is -12% in Total Viewers and down -17% in younger viewers and “CBS This Morning” is flat in Total Viewers and down -3% in younger viewers.
The averages for the week of April 30:
- Total Viewers: NBC: 5.24M / ABC: 5.17M / CBS: 2.68M
- A25-54 viewers: NBC: 2.27M / ABC: 2.05M / CBS: 1.07M