HLN is the only cable network to show double-digit growth in the key A25-54 demo for the month of July, vs. the same month last year, which saw double-digit decreases. HLN’s Morning Express with Robin Meade has now beaten MSNBC’s Morning Joe in the demo for 15 consecutive months and finished July as the No. 2 morning news show on cable, ahead of sister network CNN’s New Day.
The ratings for July 2015:
- Prime time (Mon-Sun): 320,000 Total Viewers / 115,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 283,000 Total Viewers / 123,000 A25-54
See the full HLN release below:
HLN IS THE ONLY CABLE NEWS NETWORK UP DOUBLE DIGITS IN TOTAL DAY
HLN CONTINUES TO BEAT MSNBC
HLN IS #1 IN WEEKEND TOTAL DAY
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE UP THE MOST IN CABLE MORNING NEWS; RANKS #2
- HLN is up in Total Day July 2015 vs. July 2014, experiencing the largest and only double-digit growth in cable news among P25-54 (+13%) and P18-49 (+21%) while FOX News declines -8% and -12%, respectively;
- HLN beat MSNBC for 14 straight months in July in Total Day by +27% in P25-54 and +37% in P18-49; the longest winning streak in more than 16 years;
- HLN ranks #1 across cable news in Weekend Total Day in P25-54 (141k), outperforming FNC by +6% and MSNBC by +13%.
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) ranks as the #2 cable morning news show in July among P 25-54 & 18-49; up +29% and +44%, respectively, posting the biggest increases in cable morning news in each demo while “Fox & Friends” declines by –8% and -13%, respectively;
- MXP continues to beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for the 15th consecutive month (6-9 a ET) by +27% in P25-54 (123k vs. 97k). MXP also takes Joe by +67% in P18-49 (105k vs. 63k);
- MXP ranked #1 the week of 7/13/15 (6-7 a.m. ET) among P25-54, outperforming “Fox & Friends” by +14%. This is the sixth week MXP beat “Fox & Friends” @ 6 a.m. in 2015.
THE DAILY SHARE
- “The Daily Share” (M-F, noon – 1 p.m. ET), HLN’s first dayside series under the new brand, is outpacing MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports” by +31% in P25-54 and +93% in P18-49 in July 2015; In addition, launch-to-date (12/13/15-7/24/15) vs. the same time period a year ago, TDS is up +15% in its key P18-49 demo.
- HLN’s @TheDailyShare continues to be the most engaging brand on Twitter among cable news and digital publisher competitors for four consecutive months;
- HLN is #1 in Facebook engagement & growth among all cable news networks in July;
- HLN is adding YouTube subscribers faster than any other cable news network.
Source: Shareablee April-July to-date 2015. Cable news networks include fox news, msnbc, & CNN. Digital publishers include Bustle, NowThis, Elite Daily, Buzzfeed, Mic, The Daily Dot, Upworthy, Fusion, Mashable, Nancy Grace, Vice News, Slate.com, Refinery29, Morning Express with Robin Meade, VICE, Weekend Express HLN, Dr Drew HLN and Pivot.