For the third straight season, ABC’s Good Morning America has been the most-watched morning show in viewers and the A25-54 demo. The last time GMA won 3 seasons in a row in viewers was 20 years ago. It’s been even longer since GMA led in the demo 3 seasons straight (Nielsen’s electronic database only goes back to 1991).
CBS This Morning continues to show the most growth in the mornings, in fact it was the only network morning news broadcast to post year-to-year gains in viewers (+15 percent). CTM gave CBS its biggest morning show audience for the full season since electronic records started being kept. The show is now in the closest competitive position with NBC’s Today since the 1993-1994 season.
GMA also won the 3rd quarter, as well as last week in viewers. But the Today show won the A25-54 demo last week, its third win in a row. That’s the first (non-Olympics) 3-week streak in almost three years for NBC, since January 2013.
The averages for 2014-2015 Season:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 5.221M / NBC: 4.682M / CBS: 3.345M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.885M / NBC: 1.791M / CBS: 1.001M
The averages for Q3 2015:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 4.639M / NBC: 4.225M / CBS: 3.217M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.600M / NBC: 1.588M / CBS: 921K
The averages for the week of Sept. 14, 2015:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 4.877M / NBC: 4.569M / CBS: 3.339M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.675M / NBC: 1.765M / CBS: 985K