HLN showed strong growth in February, up + 18% in total day viewers and up +30% among the key A25-54 demo, compared to the same month last year. Two months into its re-brand, HLN is the No. 1 cable news network on weekend among the A18-49 demo, thanks to repeats of “Forensic Files.”
The ratings for February 2015 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 322K Total Viewers / 113K A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 283,000 Total Viewers / 122,000 A25-54
“Morning Express with Robin Meade” beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in the key A25-54 demo for the tenth consecutive month. The full HLN release is below:
HLN BEATS MSNBC FOR 9TH STRAIGHT MONTH; LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN 16 YEARS
HLN’s “Morning Express with Robin Meade” Once Again Beats MSNBC’s “Morning Joe”
HLN Continues to Experience Ratings & Social Growth Two Months Post Rebrand
HLN has outperformed MSNBC for the 9th straight month in Total Day among P25-54 by +51% (122k vs. 81k) and P18-49 by +67% (100k vs. 60k); the longest winning streak and lead over MSNBC in 16 years among P25-54.
“Morning Express with Robin Meade” again beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” (6-9a) by +65% in P25-54 (130k vs. 79k) for the 10th consecutive month.
HLN continues to post ratings growth two months post rebrand; network skewing younger:
- Total Day, HLN is up +18% in P2+ (283k); +30% in P25-54 (122k); +43% in P18-49 (100k) vs. February 2014
- HLN ranks #39 among ad supported cable networks in P18-49; up 9 ranks vs. year ago (1Q15 to-date vs. 1Q14)
HLN is the #1 cable news network in weekend Total Day in its key P18-49 (112k) demo:
- In Total Day, HLN beat FNC by +19% in P18-49 and beat MSNBC by +20%
Socially speaking, YTD:
- HLN is the most engaging cable news network on Facebook (measured in actions per fan/follower. source: Shareablee Key Metrics)
- The Daily Share beat Buzzfeed, Upworthy, Mashable, Vice, EliteDaily and NowThis in engagement on Facebook and Twitter. (measured in actions per fan/follower. source: Shareablee Key Metrics).