Page Six reports former “Morning Joe” EP Chris Licht, who left MSNBC for CBS News three years ago, is apparently not automatically welcome within the walls of 30 Rock.
The security personnel at 30 Rockefeller Plaza have a special list of former NBC employees who are barred from the building, as Chris Licht learned last week. When he arrived at 30 Rock on June 10 for a meeting, the female security guard at the desk recognized Licht, but wouldn’t give him a visitor’s pass. “What’s the matter? What did I do?” Licht said, according to one of the many witnesses in the lobby. “He was visibly embarrassed. They kept him waiting there for about 10 minutes while they huddled in a backroom.” When the guards finally returned, they told Licht he was on a list of people who couldn’t enter the building without the permission of his old boss, MSNBC President Phil Griffin.
Licht, who spoke with us about the move to CBS in 2011 (watch after the jump), was recently back at 30 Rock accompanying his show’s co-hosts during their NBC late night appearance. He mentioned the exchange via on Twitter.
Prepping for @charlierose and @GayleKing on @LateNightSeth. Fun fact: I’m on a security watch list at 30 Rock! #nice pic.twitter.com/iMehbZiW5B
— Chris Licht (@ChrisLicht) June 10, 2014
We’ve reached out to MSNBC for comment, but have not received a response yet.