It only lasted through Week 4, but CNBC’s Sara Eisen is the champion of the 2015 TVNewser NFL Survivor Pool. A brutal Week 2 eliminated the majority of our contestants and narrowed the field to Eisen and FBN’s Blake Burman. Eisen and Burman both correctly selected the New England Patriots in Week 3, advancing the contest another week.
“The Washington Football Team benched RGIII, which I didn’t like… so I picked Miami in Week 1. Seems insane in retrospect. Thank you, Jarvis Landry,” Eisen told TVNewser. “I respect good management. Bruce Arians and Steve Keim have done such an impressive constructing that Arizona Cardinals team. Figured they’d take care of Chicago in Week 2, even on the road.”
The Squawk on the Street co-anchor won the battle between rival business networks when she correctly predicted the Green Bay Packers would beat the San Francisco 49ers last Sunday. Burman incorrectly selected the Cardinals, who were upset by Todd Gurley and the St. Louis Rams.
“With only two of us left by Week 3, I turned to some favorites. Post-deflategate Brady vs. Blake Bortles… unfair,” Eisen said. “The Niners are a catastrophe, probably the most dysfunctional offense in the league. The only thing that surprised me this week was the Packers scoring fewer than 20 points. Aaron Rodgers wins that game 100 times out of 100.”
Eisen claims she’s “not a football expert,” but simply has a good adviser. We don’t believe her. She’s clearly an expert. Either way, she’s our 2015 champion.
- John Berman, Co-anchor, Early Start and At This Hour-OUT
- Heather Brown, Public relations-OUT
Team Fox News
- Bill Hemmer, Co-anchor, America’s Newsroom-OUT
- Gretchen Carlson, Anchor, The Real Story-OUT
- Sandra Smith, Co-host, Outnumbered-OUT
Team CBS News:
- Greg Bracco, Broadcast Graphics-OUT
- Scott Blass, Broadcast Graphics-OUT
Team Fox Business Network
- Blake Burman, Washington correspondent-OUT
- Peter Barnes, Senior Washington correspondent-OUT
- Sara Eisen, Co-anchor, Squawk on the Street-CHAMPION
- Brian Sullivan, Co-anchor Power Lunch-OUT
- Tyler Mathisen, Anchor, Power Lunch-OUT
- Dominic Chu, Markets Reporter –OUT
- Todd Bonin, EP, Squawk on the Street and Squawk Alley-OUT
- Brian Flood, TVNewser co-editor-OUT
- Lisa Granatstein, Adweek editor-OUT