HLN is the only cable news network up double digits in total day viewers compared to the same month last year. HLN is up + 10 percent in the key A25-54 demo and has now beaten MSNBC in the category for 15 consecutive months. Morning Express with Robin Meade continues to be the network’s bread and butter, finishing as the No. 2 cable morning news program among the key demo.
The ratings for August 2015:
- Prime time (Mon-Sun): 320,000 Total Viewers / 114,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 283,000 Total Viewers / 123,000 A25-54
Check out the full HLN release below:
HLN IS THE ONLY CABLE NEWS NET UP DOUBLE-DIGITS IN TOTAL DAY
HLN BEATS MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY FOR 15 STRAIGHT MONTHS
“MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE” RANKS AS THE #2 CABLE MORNING NEWS PROGRAM IN AUGUST AND 2015 TO-DATE
- HLN is up in Total Day August 2015 vs. August 2014, experiencing the only double-digit growth among cable news nets in P25-54 (+10%) (123k vs. 112k). The net is also up +13% in P18-49 (102k vs. 90k);
- HLN beat MSNBC for 15 straight months in August in Total Day by +34% in P25-54 and +50% in P18-49; the longest winning streak in more than 16 years among P25-54;
- HLN ranks #1 across cable news in Weekend Total Day in P18-49 (118k), outperforming FNC by +19% and MSNBC by +28%.
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) ranks as the #2 cable morning news show in August and 2015 year-to-date among P25-54 & 18-49. In August, MXP is up +14% and +23% vs. year ago respectively, scoring its highest P25-54 delivery since January 2015;
- MXP continues to beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for the 16th consecutive month (6-9 a ET) by +31% in P25-54 (127k vs. 97k). MXP also takes Joe by +74% in P18-49 (106k vs. 61k);
WEEKEND EXPRESS WITH LYNN SMITH
- “Weekend Express with Lynn Smith” ranks #1 on Sundays @ 7 am in P25-54 (148k) among cable news nets.
THE DAILY SHARE
“The Daily Share” (M-F, noon – 1 p.m. ET), HLN’s first dayside series under the new brand, is outpacing MSNBC by +24% in P25-54 and +67% in P18-49 launch-to-date (1/13/15-8/28/15); In addition, vs. the same time period a year ago, TDS is up +10% in its key P18-49 demo.