The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.
HLN is the only cable news network up double digits in total day viewers compared to the same month last year. HLN is up + 10 percent in the key A25-54 demo and has now beaten MSNBC in the category for 15 consecutive months. Morning Express with Robin Meade continues to be the network’s bread and butter, finishing as the No. 2 cable morning news program among the key demo.
The ratings for August 2015:
- Prime time (Mon-Sun): 320,000 Total Viewers / 114,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 283,000 Total Viewers / 123,000 A25-54
Check out the full HLN release below:
HLN IS THE ONLY CABLE NEWS NET UP DOUBLE-DIGITS IN TOTAL DAY
HLN BEATS MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY FOR 15 STRAIGHT MONTHS
“MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE” RANKS AS THE #2 CABLE MORNING NEWS PROGRAM IN AUGUST AND 2015 TO-DATE
- HLN is up in Total Day August 2015 vs. August 2014, experiencing the only double-digit growth among cable news nets in P25-54 (+10%) (123k vs. 112k). The net is also up +13% in P18-49 (102k vs. 90k);
- HLN beat MSNBC for 15 straight months in August in Total Day by +34% in P25-54 and +50% in P18-49; the longest winning streak in more than 16 years among P25-54;
- HLN ranks #1 across cable news in Weekend Total Day in P18-49 (118k), outperforming FNC by +19% and MSNBC by +28%.
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) ranks as the #2 cable morning news show in August and 2015 year-to-date among P25-54 & 18-49. In August, MXP is up +14% and +23% vs. year ago respectively, scoring its highest P25-54 delivery since January 2015;
- MXP continues to beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for the 16th consecutive month (6-9 a ET) by +31% in P25-54 (127k vs. 97k). MXP also takes Joe by +74% in P18-49 (106k vs. 61k);
WEEKEND EXPRESS WITH LYNN SMITH
- “Weekend Express with Lynn Smith” ranks #1 on Sundays @ 7 am in P25-54 (148k) among cable news nets.
THE DAILY SHARE
“The Daily Share” (M-F, noon – 1 p.m. ET), HLN’s first dayside series under the new brand, is outpacing MSNBC by +24% in P25-54 and +67% in P18-49 launch-to-date (1/13/15-8/28/15); In addition, vs. the same time period a year ago, TDS is up +10% in its key P18-49 demo.