The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.
HLN is up +10 percent in viewers and +15 percent in the key A25-54 demo compared to last year. Despite double-digit growth, the network saw evp and general manager Albie Hecht step down this year and it appears more changes will come in 2016. CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker recently said HLN programming would resemble CNN “by utilizing a much stronger library of content that has been built in the last three years.”
The ratings for 2015 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 322,000 Total Viewers / 114,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 285,000 Total Viewers / 122,000 A25-54
Check out the full HLN release:
HLN TO END 2015 UP DOUBLE DIGITS IN TOTAL DAY & POST 2ND LARGEST GROWTH AMONG TOP 40 CABLE NETS
HLN TO OUTPERFORM MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY FOR 19 STRAIGHT MONTHS
HLN TO RANK #1 ON WEEKENDS IN TOTAL DAY IN 2015
“MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE” RANKS AS THE #2 CABLE MORNING NEWS PROGRAM IN 2015; UP THE MOST IN THE MORNING; CONTINUES TO BEAT “MORNING JOE”
- HLN will end the year up double digits in Total Day; +10% among P2+ (285k vs. 260k) and +15% (122k vs. 106k) in P25-54 2015 to-date vs. 2014 while FOX News is declining –3% and MSNBC down –17% among P25-54.
- Among the Top 40 cable networks versus year-ago in Total Day, HLN posts 2nd largest growth among P25-54 (+15%; behind only CNN);
- In Total Day, HLN registers its highest yearly P25-54 delivery in six years (since 2009) and 3rd best on record;
- HLN to beat MSNBC for 19 straight months in December 2015 (thru 12/25/15) in Total Day by +34% in P25-54, marking the first time that HLN will outperform MSNBC for a full year since 1999, plus scoring its biggest advantage since 1998;
- HLN to rank #1 among the demo on weekends in Total Day 2015 to date (143k);
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) to rank as the #2 cable morning news show in 2015 among P25-54 (128k);
- MXP to end the year up the most among cable morning news in P25-54 increasing +23% (128k vs. 104k) and Total Viewers up +27% (284k vs. 223k) 2015 vs. prior year;
- MXP will continue its winning streak, beating MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for 20 straight months [6-9 a ET] by +38% in P25-54 (128k vs. 93k) in 2015 while FNC’s “Fox & Friends” slides –9%;
- MXP is averaging its highest yearly P25-54 and P2+ performance since 2011.