You’ve probably already noticed the uptick in O.J. Simpson stories this week.
It all comes to a head tomorrow when the football star-turned-actor, turned-murder suspect, turned-convict learns if he’ll be released from a Nevada prison for a 2007 burglary and assault incident at a Las Vegas casino hotel. Here are the TV news coverage plans:
- ABC: George Stephanopoulos will anchor live coverage on the network when the hearing begins around 12:45 p.m. ET. Correspondent Matt Gutman will report from Lovelock Correctional Center where Simpson is being held, and chief legal analyst Dan Abrams will provide analysis. ABC News Digital will carry the hearing as well with anchor Brad Mielke.
- NBC: Lester Holt and Savannah Guthrie, who is also NBC News chief legal correspondent, will anchor an NBC News Special Report at 1 p.m. Correspondents Cynthia McFadden and Joe Fryer will contribute to coverage.
- CBS: Correspondent John Blackstone will report from Lovelock and CBS News Legal Analyst Rikki Klieman will contribute to the coverage which will be streamed on CBSN.
- HLN: Ashleigh Banfield has been in Nevada all week anchoring her show Prime Time Justice. She’ll anchor tomorrow’s daytime coverage from Carson City, NV.
- FNC: Correspondents Claudia Cowan, Jonathan Hunt and Dan Springer will contribute live news updates. Former LAPD Detective Mark Fuhrman, who has long been an FNC analyst, will contribute. Additionally, correspondent-at-large Geraldo Rivera will host a special this weekend.
— Geraldo Rivera (@GeraldoRivera) July 17, 2017