The primary results of that study were that Facebook brand fans are:
- 80 percent more likely than non-fans to be users of a brand
- Spend 43 percent more than non-fans in respective categories
- 11 percent more likely to continue using the brand than non-fans (loyal consumers)
- 85 percent more likely to recommend your brand compared with 60 percent of non-fans
And that consumers like brand pages for two reasons:
- Coupons, discounts, and rewards
- Showing support for brands or receiving regular updates
While this study and others like it point to positive attributes of Facebook fans, it’s critical for brand marketers to really stop and ask themselves: Isn’t this just pointing out that good customers are more likely to like our Facebook page?
The objective of this study — and the dozens of similar...