Pixability, a provider of software and insights for video advertisers on YouTube and connected TV, widely rolled out an enhanced BrandShield solution for brand suitable campaigns on the Google-owned video site Wednesday.
The company originally patented its brand suitability technology in 2012. Earlier this year, it was one of six companies certified by Google to run brand-suitable campaigns for YouTube, and it was the only one also certified as a leader in YouTube content insights.
Pixability said the double certification enables it to gather deep details on YouTube videos or channels—including IAB category, 4As brand safety floor taxonomies, past performance and recency—and then score those videos or channels for brand suitability.
Actions enabled by BrandShield include:
- The ability to access self-serve lists through PixabilityONE and a Chrome extension that appears in DV360 and Google Ads.
- Downloadable and customizable inclusion and exclusion lists that power brand suitable strategies.
- Visibility into performance metrics for each channel in Inclusion lists.
- A streamlined dashboard providing a detailed look at channel data.
- A way to easily preview channels and videos from the dashboard.
- Detailed channel stats for each channel in inclusion lists, including number of views and subscribers.
iProspect CEO Jeremy Cornfeldt said in a statement, “We’ve leveraged Pixability in the past for YouTube brand suitability with our most brand-conscious clients and value the control and performance their platform delivers. The added capabilities BrandShield provides allow us to more easily ensure that our clients’ ads run adjacent to the best content, while maximizing the performance of their spend on YouTube.”
Pixability CEO David George added, “For more than eight years, Pixability’s technology has ensured that every YouTube campaign we’ve powered has been both safe and brand suitable for advertisers. We’re excited to announce our platform’s expanded capabilities and to share this technology with agencies and brands who are running their own self-serve campaigns on DV360 and Google Ads.”