Upgrade your sales funnel with expert insight at Commerceweek, Feb. 28-29. Broaden your audience with improved data technology and a seamless purchase experience. Register now at 50% off.
Major League Baseball’s postseason is in full swing, and Twitter has settled into its seat with a hotdog and a beer.
Including the hashtag #WorldSeries in tweets will trigger a special emoji featuring the league’s Commissioner’s Trophy.
The eight MLB clubs that are still vying for the title each have their own hashtag-triggered emojis, as well:
- Arizona Diamondbacks: #OurSeason
- Boston Red Sox: #WinADVANCERepeat
- Chicago Cubs: #FlyTheW
- Cleveland Indians: #RallyTogether
- Houston Astros: #EarnHistory
- Los Angeles Dodgers: #ThisTeam
- New York Yankees: #PinstripePride
- Washington Nationals: #onepursuit
The four most mentioned MLB clubs on Twitter during the 2017—all playoff participants—were:
- Red Sox
Four of the five most mentioned players this season are also on postseason clubs:
- Aaron Judge (@TheJudge44)
- Yu Darvish (@faridyu)
- Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407)
- Mike Trout (@MikeTrout)
- Cody Bellinger (@Cody_Bellinger)
The potential World Series matchups the most Twitter users are tweeting about are:
- Indians vs.