Just as it did last year, T-Mobile announced that it will double its contributions as part of its Home Runs for Hurricane Recovery (#HR4HR) initiative during Major League Baseball’s 2018 World Series.
The Los Angeles Dodgers visit the Boston Red Sox Tuesday night for game one, and starting Tuesday, the wireless carrier will donate $10,000 for every home run hit during the Fall Classic—as well as $2 for every tweet or Instagram post containing the #HR4HR hashtag—to support hurricane recovery efforts spearheaded by military veteran-led Team Rubicon.
T-Mobile had been donating $5,000 per homer and $1 per #HR4HR Instagram post or tweet since the start of the MLB postseason earlier this month.
Legendary baseball announcer and longtime voice of the Dodgers Vin Scully revealed the news in a new ad detailing the impact Team Rubicon and T-Mobile have made in areas that were hard-hit by recent hurricanes.
T-Mobile customers can also use the wireless carrier’s Text to Give capability to donate directly to the following organizations:
- Text Michael to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross.
- Text Disaster to 20222 to donate $10 to the Volunteer Florida Foundation.
- Text Florence to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross.
- Text Florence to 501501 to donate $10 to United Way South Carolina.
- Text Hurricane to 20222 to donate $25 to Save the Children.