Upgrade your sales funnel with expert insight at Commerceweek, Feb. 28-29. Broaden your audience with improved data technology and a seamless purchase experience. Register now at 50% off.
As Facebook’s fbFund REV Demo Day is underway, news just broke that fbFund REV 2009 finalist Thread, formerly known as Frintro, has raised $1.2 million dollars in funding. Thread is a Facebook Connect enabled dating site that allows users to meet friends of friends and/or play matchmaker by making introductions between your friends.
In July, the company received $1.2 million in seed capital, led by First Round Capital and the following venture capitalists and angel investors:
- First Round Capital (Josh Kopelman)
- Sequoia Capital (Roelof Botha)
- Founders Found (Dave McClure)
- Ron Conway (SV Angel)
- David Sacks (Yammer & Geni)
- Auren Hoffman (Rapleaf)
- Pedro Miguel Martins (SAP)
- Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn)
- Joe Greenstein (Flixster)
- Saran Chari (Flixster)
- Shervin Pishevar (Social Gaming Network)
After this summer’s incubator program, the team is headed to San Mateo, where it will continue to execute the Thread mission.