Facebook is rolling out a way for advertisers to automatically match the best combination of creative with the audiences they are targeting.
Solutions engineer Zain Aziz announced in a blog post that Dynamic Creative is now available through Facebook’s marketing APIs (application-programming interfaces), with an “initial phased rollout” for Power Editor and Ads Manager.
Aziz said advertisers can determine the best creative for their targeted audiences by using Dynamic Creative to learn the combinations that perform the best, eliminating the need to manually create ads with different combinations and permutations of creative assets and audiences.
Dynamic Creative allows advertisers to tap the most appropriate photos, titles, descriptions, calls to action and other ad components, and Aziz added that rather than creating full ads, the social network provides brands with creative asset feeds, and its Dynamic Creative system then “automatically generates the creative variants and finds the best-performing combination for the target audience.”
He also provided a list of features that are supported by Dynamic Creative:
- Objectives: Conversions, mobile application installs, website traffic
- Formats: Single image, single video
- Insights metrics: Basic asset-based insights
- Breakdowns by asset type: Video, image, title, description, body, link for all non-unique metrics
- Breakdowns per asset plus demographics: Image, age, gender, title and so on
- Placements: Desktop and mobile Facebook News Feed, right-hand column, Facebook Audience Network, Instagram feed
- Creative variations dimensions: Title, image or video, body, description, CTA