Book critic David L. Ulin hosted the event at at the University of Southern California’s Bovard Auditorium. Some of the presenters throughout the evening included Hope Larson, Aisha Saeed, and Matt Pearce.
World’s End author T.C. Boyle received the Robert Kirsch Award for lifetime achievement and Reading Rainbow star LeVar Burton took The Innovator’s Award. We’ve got the entire list of winners after the jump.
The 2015 Los Angeles Times Book Prize Winners
- Biography: Napoleon: A Life by Andrew Roberts (Viking)
- Current Interest: The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League by Jeff Hobbs (Scribner)
- Fiction: The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt (Simon & Schuster)
- The Art Seidenbaum Award for First Fiction: Faces in the Crowd by Valeria Luiselli (Coffee House Press)
- Graphic Novel/Comics: The Love Bunglers by Jaime Hernandez (Fantagraphics Books)
- History: The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order, 1916-1931 by Adam Tooze (Viking)
- Mystery/Thriller: Dry Bones in the Valley by Tom Bouman (W.W. Norton & Company)
- Poetry: Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine (Graywolf Press)
- Science & Technology: The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert (Henry Holt & Co.)
- Young Adult Literature: The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia by Candace Fleming (Schwartz & Wade/Random House Children’s Books)