Maude by Donna Mabry continues to lead the Self-published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of January 14, 2015
1. Maude by Donna Mabry: “In 1906, I was barely over fourteen years old, and it was my wedding day. My older sister, Helen, came to my room, took me by the hand, and sat me down on the bed. She opened her mouth to say something, but then her face flushed, and she turned her head to look out the window. After a second, she squeezed my hand and looked back in my eyes.”
2. Reasonable Doubt by Whitney Gracia Williams: “My cock has an appetite. A huge and very particular appetite: Blonde, curvy, and preferably not a fucking liar…(Although, that’s a story for another day.) As a high profile lawyer, I don’t have time to waste on relationships, so I fulfill my needs by anonymously chatting and sleeping with women I meet online.”
3. One Night Stand by J.S. Cooper: “It was only supposed to be one night! We met at a wedding. He was hot. And I’d been in a year’s drought.”
4. Departure by J.S. Cooper: “It was only supposed to be one night! We met at a wedding. He was hot. And I’d been in a year’s drought. He smiled. We got drunk.We flirted.”
5. Corps Security: The Series by Harper Sloan: “The entire Corps Security series is together for a limited time box set. Titles included are Axel, Cage, Beck, Uncaged, Cooper and Locke. Years after the Marines brought them together, the men of Corps Security are together again. These six novels follow their lives as they take a chance at love. Can love truly conquer all?”
6. Blindsided by Emma Hart: “What happens when the out-there It-Boy of football meets the secret It-Girl of fashion? As the daughter of Hollywood’s sweetheart, Leah Veronica can’t even buy a coffee without finding her face on a magazine stand, so it’s no wonder she’s launching her first fashion line in secret. With it debuting at New York Fashion Week in just under a month, extra time in the spotlight is the last thing she needs.”
7. Ghost-in-Law by Jana DeLeon: “Scientist Maryse Robicheaux thought that a lot of her problems had gone away with her mother-in-law’s death. The woman was rude, pushy, manipulative and used her considerable wealth to run herd over the entire town of Mudbug, Louisiana. Unfortunately, death doesn’t slow down Helena one bit.”
8. Gone- Part Three by Deborah Bladon: “Lilly Randall had overcome a past filled with heartache and loss. She’d moved to Manhattan and was building a new and exciting life for herself. She was falling hard and fast for Clive Parker and now that she had a dream job, everything was exactly as it should be. When her past showed up to taunt her, the reality she thought she knew was suddenly stripped away.”
9. Breaking Dragon: Savage Brothers MC: “Nicole. At one time, I had everything I wanted in life. Or I thought I did, but I lived in black and white. Then, he exploded into my world. Dragon. He’s hot-blooded, cocky, stubborn as hell, and he drives me crazy. With him everything is more…It’s more vibrant, more exciting, more…real.”
10. Til Death: Part 2: “You know how it went for me. You know what he did.
You know the fire he left inside my soul when he crushed me into a thousand tiny pieces. Since Marcus, my life has been a blur of emptiness. Since Marcus there has been nothing.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of January 14, 2014