Google has analyzed the searches that took place during 2014. The company has unveiled the ten books that were trending throughout this year.
Helen Oyeyemi’s Boy, Snow, Bird claimed the top spot on this list. The other nine titles come from a variety of different genres; almost all of them have become hit bestsellers and award winners.
We’ve collected free samples of all the books on the list for your reading pleasure after the jump. What do you think?
Top 10 Trending Books of 2014
(01) Boy, Snow, Bird: A Novel by Helen Oyeyemi
(02) Blood Will Out: The True Story of a Murder, a Mystery, and a Masquerade by Walter Kirn
(04) City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare
(05) Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt by Michael Lewis
(06) The Invention of Wings: A Novel by Sue Monk Kidd
(07) All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel by Anthony Doerr
(08) Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive series) by Brandon Sanderson
(09) Yes Please by Amy Poehler
(10) Capital in the Twenty-First Century written by Thomas Piketty & translated by Arthur Goldhammer