In addition to Marvel’s horror comic book, the list also features the eighth Harry Potter story, a romance novel, and a classic Chinese war treatise. Below, we’ve collected free samples of all the books from the 2016 top five for your reading pleasure.
Here’s more from the company blog post: “The Force and Harry Potter were no match for a different kind of superhero as Deadpool and Deadpool Kills the Universe dominated the movie and book charts this year. Game of Thrones kept The Walking Dead away to once again claim the Iron Throne as the most popular TV show of 2016. Twenty One Pilots had no need to feel ‘Stressed Out’ as their single came in as the number one most streamed song of the year, but don’t feel ‘Sorry’ for Justin Bieber who came in at number two. And, of course, Pokemon GO captured the top trending game spot.”
- Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe written by Cullen Bunn and illustrated by Dalibor Talajić
- Harry Potter & The Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Special Rehearsal Edition) written by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes