Over at Sponsored Tweets, more than 39,000 socially networked celebrities, authors, dreamers, and publicity seekers are trying to sell their tweets to advertisers.
Here’s more about the platform: “Sponsored Tweets is a platform that helps you monetize Tweets created via Twitter. You have to be on Twitter first, so go to their website and sign up if you haven’t already … Disclosure is an essential element of the Sponsored Tweets platform and we systematically force all of our participants to disclose within each tweet. We require disclosure to protect you, your audience and the advertiser.”
On this slow Friday afternoon, we did a bit of research and compiled a list of the five most expensive authors listed in the Sponsor These Tweeters section. Our list follows below. What do you think?
1. Michael Ian Black: $5,882.50 per tweet. “multi-talented actor, writer, comedian, author, and father”
2. Lewis Howes: $124.76 per tweet. “Former pro athlete, 2 sport All-American & current world record holder in football. Angel investor. Author of 2 LinkedIn books, and a dirty salsa dancer.”
3. Christina Kim: $88.24 per tweet. Professional golfer and author, currently on the LPGA Tour
4. Kristopher B Jones: $66.00 per tweet. “Internet Marketing Veteran, Best-Selling Author, Blogger, Angel Investor, P90X Grad, Public / Keynote Speaker”
5. John Basedow $23.53 per tweet. “Health and fitness guru, star of popular ‘Fitness Made Simple’ work out videos.”
6. Jeremy C. Shipp: $17.29 per tweet. “Author whose books include Vacation, Sheep and Wolves, and Cursed.”