Twitter dropped a statistical bombshell today: the company has 180 million daily active users. While only 105 million of those have actually registered, Twitter clearly has a huge opportunity on their hands considering that Facebook has 200 million daily active users. This is a staggering statistic and shows that they definitely have the potential to compete with Facebook although there are still clearly hurdles ahead.
Twitter also presented some interesting statistics about their Twitter service:
- 105 million registered users
- 180 million daily active users
- about 300k registrations a day
- 3 billion API requests a day
- most traffic comes from outside of Twitter.com, 75% from outside of Twitter.com
You can follow the rest of our Chirp coverage here.