Product manager Guy Snir said in a blog post that it is extending its creator revenue program to “creators of all sizes,” giving video creators that are approved by its Amplify Publisher Program the opportunity to run pre-roll ads prior to their content and collect a portion of the ad revenue.
— Twitter Video (@video) August 30, 2016
According to Snir, benefits for creators participating in this new program include:
- Industry-leading revenue share model.
- Complete opt-in control/flexibility: Program participants can either elect to opt-in videos tweet-by-tweet or preset monetization for all of their videos.
- Content can be opted-in for monetization 100 percent non-exclusively, meaning that creators can elect to monetize it on Twitter as well as other platforms.
Snir also detailed several product upgrades aimed at easing the process of participating in the new program, writing:
Media Studio, which replaces video.twitter.com, provides a comprehensive desktop destination where you can access all of our publishing tools and resources.
Key upgrades include:
- A new unified media library (videos, GIFs, and images).
- New tweet scheduling/planning capabilities.
- Team management and multi-account support.
- Improvements in stability and upload performance.
Snir provided the following instructions for interested video creators:
For Mobile, download the Twitter Engage app, click on the “Earnings” tab and sign-up for the Amplify Publisher Program and Niche directly within the app to see if you are eligible. The updates will be reflected in the App Store in the coming days.
Readers: What are your thoughts on Twitter’s announcement?