A little gesture goes a long way, and TikTok and its brand partners hope to prove that saying true with their debut of Small Gestures.
The new feature enables people to let friends and family know that they are thinking of them while the coronavirus pandemic keeps them apart.
People on TikTok can use the Small Gestures feature up to three times apiece to send gifts to loved ones and friends free-of-charge by searching for Small Gestures on the application’s Discover page, searching for Small Gestures and clicking the purple banner at the top of the page.
They can then browse the partner offerings and pick the perfect gift for their recipients.
The following TikTok brand partners provided these free gifts for the Small Gestures initiative:
- Adobe: A free 90-day subscription to video editing app Adobe Premiere Rush.
- Alo Moves: A free 30-day trial of its on-demand yoga, fitness and mindfulness classes.
- The Bouqs Co.: $30 off the purchase of an eco-friendly farm-fresh flower arrangement or plant.
- DoorDash: A free one-month subscription to the on-demand food-delivery platform.
- Fitplan: A free 90-day trial of the personal training platform.
- Fluent Forever: A free 90-day subscription to the language-fluency app.
- Pandora: A 90-day trial subscription to the audio-streaming service.
- Rebbi: A code for 15% off online purchases of its coconut-milk-based beverages.
- Skillshare: A two-month premium membership with unlimited access to classes.
- Square Enix: A limited free offering of game titles Lara Croft Go, Hitman Go and Deus Ex Go.
- Talkspace: A $120 credit toward online and mobile therapy sessions.
TikTok wrote in its blog post, “By collaborating with our brand partners on this new program, we’re able to give users a platform to feel connected with their friends and family through the small gesture of sending a gift to someone who might need it most. And thanks to our generous partners, these Small Gestures are offered free for all TikTok users to send gifts up to three separate times.”