The Vegas Golden Knights’ 2018-19 National Hockey League season may be off to a slow start in the standings, but the second-year club is red-hot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
According to social marketing firm Unmetric, the Golden Knights led NHL teams in Facebook growth in October, as well as engagement on Twitter and Instagram and comments on Twitter.
Unmetric examined its cross-channel reports for all 31 NHL teams from Oct. 1 through 31, and it also found that:
- The Chicago Blackhawks maintained their hold on the largest audience size across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The Carolina Hurricanes had the most Twitter growth in October, while Instagram was led by the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins led Facebook engagement for the month.
- The Calgary Flames had the most Facebook posts in October, while the Montreal Canadiens paced Twitter and Instagram.
- The Penguins tallied the most likes on Facebook and Twitter, and the Maple Leafs led Instagram.
- The Detroit Red Wings were tops in Facebook comments for the month, while Instagram was led by the Maple Leafs.