Clemson University blew out the University of Alabama 44-16 in the College Football Playoff National Championship game Monday night, and Twitter shared the top moments, players and tweets from Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
The social network said Clemson fans can continue to use the #AllIn hashtag to add the Tigers hashtag-triggered emoji to their tweets until a new national champion is crowned next year.
The top five moments from Monday night’s game, measured in tweets per minute:
- Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts gets tackled for a loss on fourth down to end the third quarter (13,000 tweets per minute)
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence throws a five-yard touchdown to wide receiver Tee Higgins, giving Clemson a 44-16 lead (13,000)
- The end of the game (12,000)
- Lawrence throws a 74-yard touchdown to WR Justyn Ross to give Clemson a 37-16 lead in the third quarter (10,000)
- Alabama fails to convert a fake field goal attempt (8,000)
The most mentioned Clemson Tigers players:
- WR Hunter Renfroe
The most mentioned Alabama Crimson Tide players:
- QB Tua Tagovailoa
- WR Jerry Jeudy
The night’s most retweeted tweets:
Finally, some exclusive behind-the-scenes content from Levi’s Stadium, including players who participated in the #LockedIn video series: