Digital Insights has put together a comprehensive infographic of how social media is expanding in 2014. Keeping up with these social media facts and figures is imperative to keep your business strategies fresh and relevant. Harsh Ajmera of Digital Insights provides an example:
A friend of mine who has been struggling to hire a PHP developer was chatting with me and I suggested him to try Facebook ads to reach out good developers based on his desirable location and other preferences. He wasn’t ready to try this at all. I took the liberty and started some Facebook ads on my own, fixed a budget of $20 for a day for a pilot project. He was stunned to see the results, more than 23K people reached, 300+ visited the site and 43 forwarded their resume or called him. All this, just for $20.
Some highlights from the infographic include the following:
- 75 percent of the engagement on a Facebook post happens in the first 5 hours.
- 23 percent of teens consider Instagram as their favourite social network.
- More than two users sign up for LinkedIn every second.
- 53 percent of interaction between Google+ user and a brand is positive.
- 44 percent of users on Twitter have never sent a tweet.
- 84 percent of women and 50% of men stay active on Pinterest.
- 40 percent of YouTube traffic comes from mobile.
- Number of snaps sent per day on SnapChat is 400 million.
- Weekends are the most popular time to share Vines.
- Blogs generate 67 percent more leads for B2B marketers.