Pinterest is debuting its own version of Secret Santa.
Jeng said Pinterest Secret Santa is “the ultimate personalized gift guide,” adding that it uses the social network’s application-programming interface to create custom gift idea boards based on what friends and family members have been saving.
Those idea boards will include Pins of trending gift ideas and holiday ideas, as well as input from these five major brands:
- Amazon will provide ideas on toys and games, and its Echo division will add tech suggestions.
- Bed Bath & Beyond will supply ideas for the home.
- Coca-Cola will add custom messages for gift-givers.
- CVS will provide information on gifting supplies available in its stores, such as wrap, tags, boxes and cards.
- Universal Pictures will tease upcoming holiday feature-film release Despicable Me 3.
For those not on Pinterest, users can select a gift persona to match interests.