Roll Call: Ketchum, GolinHarris, Allison+Partners and More

Ketchum PR announced the appointment of Paul M. Rand to the chief digital officer position. Rand joined Ketchum in 2001 when the agency acquired Corporate Technology Communications, the Chicago-based agency he founded. He then started Zocalo Group, Ketchum’s digital, social media and word-of-mouth-marketing agency; in his new role, Rand will run the agency’s digital, social and related services while reporting to president and COO Rob Lorfink. According to company spokespeople, the Rand hire is part of “a bigger reorganization to integrate [Ketchum’s] PESO-related (paid, earned, shared and owned) services” that reflects an industry-wide shift in focus occurring across the entire PR industry. (Release)

GolinHarris announced the appointment of Mary Cunney as media director in the agency’s New York office. Cunney joins the offices corporate practice, supporting the firm’s portfolio of leading financial services, technology and global business brands. In this new role, Cunney will focus on executive visibility, thought leadership and corporate positioning at top-tier media outlets. Before joining Golin, Cunney worked at MSL Group as a senior media supervisor, where she focused on media relations and strategic planning for a number of brands. Prior to MSL, Mary was part of Edelman’s media team, working with companies to create relevant story angles that resonated with mainstream press. (Release)

Allison+Partners announced Corey Scott has been appointed SVP, head of design. He’s responsible for conceptualizing and producing custom design solutions for the agency’s new business initiatives, its clients and the Allison+Partners brand. A veteran art director, Scott has more than 15 years of experience and a portfolio that spans web, interactive and mobile to print, presentation, event design and photography. Scott has worked for clients in more than 10 countries, in virtually every sector and on behalf of some of the world’s most notable brands including Apple, Twitter, Charles Schwab, Qualcomm, Levi’s, Skype, Starbucks and Visa. Scott joins Allison+Partners from Edelman where he served as regional art director and design lead for six offices across the western region. Prior to that, he was a lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies at the University of Otago in New Zealand, a senior art director at RK Studio and senior designer and art director at The Gap. (Release)

Hearst Corporation announced that Neeraj Khemlani and George Kliavkoff have been named co-presidents and group heads of Hearst Entertainment & Syndication. The announcement was made by Hearst Corporation President and CEO Steven R. Swartz, to whom both executives will report. Khemlani and Kliavkoff will help support the management teams at Hearst’s jointly-owned cable television networks and production companies, including ESPN, A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime; ONE THREE MEDIA, a joint venture with Mark Burnett; and Hearst’s 50 percent stake in NorthSouth Productions. A+E Networks is a joint venture of Hearst and The Walt Disney Company, and Hearst owns 20 percent of ESPN, with Disney owning the remaining 80 percent. (Release)

STRATACACHE announced it has intensified its Asia-Pacific growth strategy by launching its digital media technologies into the India marketplace. To meet the growing customer demand in the region, STRATACACHE has appointed Manish Kumar as vice president. An expert in the field, Manish joins STRATACACHE with an impressive background in technology management, international business, and strategic business planning.Manish will be responsible for overseeing the sales, development, customer relations and operations for India. (Release)