The Portal From Facebook team also shared other ways for people to use the devices to enhance their work-from-home experience during the pandemic:
- Portal’s artificial intelligence-powered Smart Camera keeps users in the frame and its Smart Sound technology helps minimize background noise, enabling Portal to be used as a dedicated device for video calls, while people can use their computers for other tasks, such as collaborating, taking notes and accessing information.
- Users on a Portal Messenger or Messenger Rooms call can add custom backgrounds with pre-selected images or blur their backgrounds.
- The option to login to Portal via Workplace will be added in the coming weeks, enabling people to make it a dedicated work device and not login via Facebook or WhatsApp.
- Portal’s Sticky Notes feature enables users to take notes throughout the workday.
- While on Zoom calls, Portal users can draw on the screen via the videoconferencing app’s Whiteboard feature.
- Finally, users can tune out via music apps including iHeartRadio, Pandora and Spotify.