Twitter has revolutionised marketing for brands of all shapes and sizes across almost every industry around the globe – used intelligently, this deceptively simplistic microblogging platform can raise awareness of products and services, drive website footfall and generate leads.
For best results, businesses should ensure that their Twitter profile is optimized and that they are following best practices to maximise return on investment (ROI). This would include:
1. Using your company logo as your Twitter avatar
2. Using your company name as your Twitter username
3. Trying to tweet 5-20 times per day (every day!)
4. Always being sure to tag/mention relevant users in tweets
5. Using shortened links with tracking (i.e., bit.ly)
6. Using high quality images
7. Making sure that all responses are timely and relevant
Check the visual below for more detail, which comes courtesy of Hubspot.