News Corp. Expected to Win Approval for BSkyB Takeover

With most of the U.K. discussing all aspects of the Royal Wedding (will Prince William do the Electric Slide or not???), the news that News Corporation is expected to be cleared to takeover BSkyB is probably being dismissed, even though it shouldn’t be.

The Financial Times is reporting that Jeremy Hunt, the country’s Culture Secretary, is not likely to block the deal, no matter what some have said:

Arbitrageurs contacted by the Financial Times are dismissing the possibility of a legal challenge to Mr Hunt’s decision, which he said earlier this month would be delayed until “just after” the return of parliament on Tuesday. The consortium of newspaper owners and BT have privately conceded they will not seek a judicial review of the decision.
Let the era of homogenized news begin!