The series of extensive hiring within the social gaming space is slowing down this week, as only four developers are showing new activity, based on LinkedIn data, as oppossed to the ten last week. In fact, none of the developers below had more than three new hires.
Nevertheless, there were some new major hires. Social competition platform YooMee Games has filled us in on the hiring of Tim McCloud as their new director of marketing. Moreover, Stephen “Chris” Ko joins Kabam as their new VP of product strategy. That said, the hire appears to have taken place back in February, and is only now being updated on LinkedIn.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Anthony Krainer, IT Administrator — Now at Kabam, Krainer was previously a mortgage consultant for Carteret Mortgage.
- Stephen “Chris” Ko, VP of Product Strategy — As noted already, a recent LinkedIn update (the hire appears to have been back in February) notes Stephen “Chris” Ko as the new VP of product strategy at Kabam. He was previously senior director for Play 4 Free at Electronic Arts.
- Tim McCloud, Director of Marketing — Now director of marketing for YooMee Games, Tim McCloud was most recently a digital marketer for Kabam.
- Douglas Sherk, Software Engineer — Now a part of Zynga, Sherk was previously an interaction developer for Apption Software.
- Morgan Wren, QA Lead — Also joining Zynga, Wren was previously a QA lead for area/code, a company acquired by Zynga back in January.
- Stephanie Tan, Billing/Accounts Receivable — The final new hire for Zynga, Tan was previously a billing analyst for Google.