After a long list of new hires last week, the new activity in the social gaming space this week has continued. According to LinkedIn updates and other sources, ten social game companies have hired new team members, with the individual numbers per company keeping only to a handful at most. The only exception to this has been Zynga, who also hosts major hires this week.
Neil Roseman is joining the company as vice president and is set to head up Zynga Seattle. One of the first VPs of engineering at Amazon.com, his most recent experience stems from the semantic web service Evri, where he was CEO. Along with him, Develop has noted the hiring of Louis Castle as the new vice president of studios. In addition to this, Deal United let us in on the hiring of Markus Wiedeman, former managing director for central Europe for Sega Germany, who joins the team as head of sales. And to round out the list, RockYou brings on Julie Shumaker as their new senior VP/GM of media.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Markus Wiedeman, Head of Sales — In a hire just today, Markus Wiedeman joins Deal United. Wiedeman was previously the managing director for central Europe for Sega Germany.
- Iulian Agapie, Lead Artist — Now at Digital Chocolate, Agapie was previously a concept artist at CCP.
- Rachel Mehaffie, Account Executive — Joining GSN, Mehaffie was previously a marketing manager at The Genesis Foundation.
- Eddie Hsu, Research Analyst — Now at Kabam, Hsu was previously a master’s candidate at UC San Diego.
- Justin Pumpr, UX Designer — Also joining Kabam, Pumpr was previously a 2D/UI artist at Monumental Games.
- Maurice Li, Associate Producer — The final new hire at Kabam, Li was previously an associate brand director at Leo Burnett.
- Erik Zwerling, Senior Producer — Zwerling was previously a senior games producer at Ohai, Inc.
- Peter Glover, Executive Producer — Joining Kabam, Glover was previously an independent consultant for casual games at Games Industry.
- Joshua Angeles, Animator — Joining LOLapps, Angeles was previously a student at The Art Institute of California.
- Jim Otermat, Flash Developer — The second hire for LOLapps, Otermat was previously a contract programmer at Macguffin Games.
- Cody Miles, Senior Artist — Now a part of Loot Drop, Miles was previously a lead artist for Metamoki, Inc.
- Wendy Mitchell, Associate Product Manager — Now at Playdom, Mitchell was a part of property management at H30 Properties, Inc.
- Julie Shumaker, Senior VP/GM of Media — Now part of the RockYou team, Julie Shumaker’s prior role involved brand integration for Electronic Arts’ The Sims franchise. She also comes with experience from 4INFO, Double Fusion, and Yahoo.
- Carrie Goldstein, Account Executive — A part of SVnetwork now, Goldstein was previously a “traveler” at World Traveler.
- Jason Koenigsknecht, Midwest Sales Manager — One more addition to SVnetwork. Koenigsknecht was previously the east coast digital sales director at Jumpstart Automotive Media.
- Neil Roseman, Vice President, Zynga Seattle — Joining Zynga, Neil Roseman will head up Zynga Seattle as vice president. He was most recently CEO of Evri.
- Louis Castle, Vice President of Studios — Also joining Zynga, Louis Castle, is the new vice president of studios. Most recently, Castle was CEO of InstantAction.
- Wilbur Liang, 2D Artist — Now at Zynga, Liang was “Cinequest Film Festival Signal Film” at House of Chai.
- Pratik Chopra, Software Engineer — Before Zynga, Chopra was a developer at Maxil Technology Solutions Inc.
- John Kuhns, Talent Coordinator — Prior to Zynga, Kuhns was an analyst for ICF International.
- Rick Robertson, Technical Recruiter — Robertson was previously a contracted, senior technical recruiter for MySpace.
- Christopher Hickey, DAM Archive Assistant — Hickey was previously an editorial intern at Salon Media Group.
- Elizabeth Montana, Jr. Account Coordinator for Events — Now a part of Zynga, Montana was previously a media advertising intern at Electronic Arts.
- Steve Fulton, Senior Developer — Fulton was previously a manager of web development for Mattel.
- Chuck Flores, Software Engineer — Joining Zynga, Flores was a software engineer for Rocket Gaming Systems.
- Riccardo Fino, Accounting Manager Europe — The last new hire for Zynga, Fino was previously a senior auditor at Fiditalrevisione.